Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Track Events, Where do you start?

So were does one start?
Why are you looking to start?

I have been lucky for the most part in my life. I have not been nearly killed a bunch of times.  Is that luck? Maybe some sort of education? Or just plan old street smart?

I am never a lucky guy.  I'm never out with some knock out drop dead blond.. And well my education was not the best of what California had to offer. So this leaves me with some sort of street smarts..  Or the fact I hate pain. I think the fact that I hate pain is the #1 reason I have never played much on the street.  There is so much to go wrong.  And I come from the motorcycle world. Motorcycles its very easy to feel pain.

So over the last few years I have been building my Subaru up to be a nice little street car. More of a 50 pound sledge hammer for a 5 pound problem.
And after a few trying problems I finally draw a line.  Build the car up right or sell it off for parts.
This is where I should have took a few nights to sleep on it. But I didn't I jumped in head 1st. Wallet 2nd.

Tracking my car wasn't even on the radar. It wasn't till after the car was built did I sit and think "what have I done"  By then the damage was done. Bank account zapped...   So with this car a total monster and I wasn't even finished there was no way I could drive this on the street in California.  Not without fear or being impounded and a big ticket!
And that's when it hit me.  I have built myself a track car! I should have come up with more of a plan before building my Subaru. I would have had a lot more fun and saved lots of cash.....
If I didn't have another car to drive around everyday I would be soo screwed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment